Each airline and tour operator sets its own baggage allowances, depending on factors such as fare paid, class of travel, route, aircraft type, government regulations, and their own commercial and health and safety policies.
Travellers are advised to check baggage allowances with their airline when booking to avoid confusion or complications at check-in. For a list of airlines operating at Newcastle Airport and their contact details, please click here.
You'll also want to make sure you know the weight of your baggage before you check in, to avoid having to repack or remove items in the queue.
Newcastle International Airport asks all passengers to follow our baggage policy for a smooth check-in and to minimise security risks. Please note the following advice:
- You must pack all your bags yourself. Do not allow anyone to tamper with them or take gifts on behalf of others.
- Ensure that all your bags are clearly labelled with your name and your destination address.
- Never leave baggage or personal belongings unattended in the terminal building. This is a security risk and as such, they may be removed or destroyed.
- Sharp items such as nail files and scissors should be packed in your main luggage and not carried in hand luggage. Any such items will be removed from hand luggage.
- Please observe the weight allowance shown on your ticket or your online booking confirmation.
Unusual or outsize baggage
Please inform your airline or handling agent about any outsize or unusual items of baggage well in advance of departure.